Solarized!


I haven't posted anything in a while because life. And because I was busy working on the layout of my blog. I actually still am. And as I've mentioned before, you can only so in/with a text editor.

Solarized!

The way things are looking now, the blog's entire color palette is going to consist only of colors found in Solarized Dark. Check out the Solarized project page to know more, and to have a feel of how a webpage using Solarized Light would look like. I think I’m the first (and only one) using this color palette for their website.



Solarized!

I find Solarized's sixteen colors beautiful and very soothing to the eye. Apart from the official Solarized project page, I also found this page, which gives suggestions on how to color the different elements (Title, backgrounds, headings, body text, links etc.) on your page. Unfortunately, when I tried to port them for Solarized Dark (while trying to stay as close as possible to the original Light version), things started to look quite miscellaneous and chaotically. I had to experiment a lot with when and what color to use for each element. The result is what you’re looking at.

Solarized!

I am almost certain that I am not color-blind. I also don’t think I have one of these conditions where it’s very difficult for someone to set colors apart (is that the same?). I also don’t know anyone who has any kind of visual impairment related to colors. Actually, I’m not even sure if that’s a thing.

I can, however, imagine that there may be times or circumstances where the color combination of this blog may be inappropriate. To counter this, I have added a some JQuery action in the form of a “button” to the very top of this blog, which will, at your request, temporarily invert almost all colors. You can try it by clicking or pressing here or at the top of any page (where it says [INVERT COLORS]).

Solarized!

Another interesting feature of this blog are its links. All links, you haven’t visited, on are in gold. Once you do, they become pink. It’s a convenient way to know, what part of my blog you haven’t explored yet. What's also nice is that the color scheme on this blog will be different with every visit and for every user.

The perfect troll, one might say…