Freedom Writers

During my teaching days, me and a fellow colleague decided to create an off-topic Facebook group for students and teachers alike. My colleague's favorite movie at that time was Freedom Writers. That's what decided to call the group as well.

The group was great and there was always someone to talk to. People posted all kinds of things, and this encourages others to add their two (or more) cents.

Out of boredom at first, I started to redesign the group's cover photo every few weeks. It later became a tradition and people got really excited about it. Including myself.

I unfortunately don't work at the institute anymore. Actually it doesn't exist anymore. It got damaged and later robbed. But the owner and friend told me that he's planning to reopen again some time this year. Fingers crossed.

I am also lacking the time and motivation to manage the Facebook group. Most people left the city or the entire country or aren't as active as they used to. There's sadly not much to talk about, and I'm currently not in the position to change that or watch over it.

This blog post shall be home to best cover photos I've created and yet another reminder of how life should have turned out.