A Strange Encounter

Against all odds, I had this encounter a few months ago. I met this person over the Internet I had a real connection with. I don't even know how it happened, but we became friends. We talked a lot and even made (silly) plans for the future. It taught me a lot about myself and the person I want to become.
It was nice and so much fun, but it became a memory.

I guess that was the final lesson it taught me. That relationships are fragile. Especially those where you can't just rush to the person's house in the middle of the night and beg at their doorstep for forgiveness. Yeah ok, that was a bit too dramatic. I guess flowers may have done it too.

But damn, this feeling. Where you don't know what the other person is doing, or whether they think of you.
And million other questions you repeatedly and gratuitously ask yourself: Where did we go wrong? What if things were different? Would it had helped if had said it differently? What next?

I think the stronger the regret (and bond), the longer this will go on.
It usually starts quite later for me because of my pointless strategy I have of keeping myself distracted, or by nurturing my own ego. But it'll eventually catch on. And this is one is no exception.

Goodbye, Friend. I'm looking forward to some day accidentally meet you at some airport.


♪ ♪ Cities come and cities go just like the old empires,
When all you do is change your clothes and call that versatile.
You got so many colours make a blind man so confused.
Then why can’t I keep up when you’re the only thing I lose? ♪ ♪