Dissolved Lines




The model is Emily Ratajkowski. She’s mostly famous for her appearance in the Music-video to Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines.”
I think it was around that time when I found and started working on this image. I unfortunately can’t post the original image here.

I took an involuntary break from it and just recently managed to complete it, using a total of seven layers: Three for the background and four for the subject.
I first isolated her from the background and then imported everything to Illustrator for tracing. After that, I imported her back to Photoshop and started the old routine: Blending, adjusting, more blending, more adjusting, opacity changing and, of course, adding and removing layer styles (probably a few more other things too).
I’m happy with the result. It’s one of those rare times, I was able to make use of Photoshop’s “Dissolved” blending mode.
What’s also interesting is that, because of the many details in the image, the current resolution (1392 x 799) and DPI (300) are as low as I was able to go, before things start to look messy.